WHISKY SUPPER, “ALMOST LIVE” the fifth CD and companion to BANGER FOR BREAKFAST
. We have found that our live recordings seem to really capture who we are, musically and dynamically. On this recording, we had Tyler Spencer (his band REEBLE JAR) re-record the didgeridoo parts - hence ALMOST LIVE. We are an interactive band; we try to engage with our audiences so an instrument or two might get quieter or louder at some points. Don't worry, one or another of us is probably playing on someone's table or having a quick 'beverage' in the middle of a set. While you may hear the odd slip here or there, with this recording you'll feel the energy of our live show! Slainte.
1. Dream - Enumclaw, Washington (3:52)
2. Hey - Wallace Arms Pub, Antioch, California (0:26)
3. Wicked Tinkers - Monterey, California (3:00)
4. 6/8 Marches - Woodland, California (3:18)
5. Fiollaigean - Flagstaff, Arizona (4:10)
6. Glasses of Wine - Antioch, California (0:50)
7. Birds - Antioch, California (3:24)
8. Toasty - St. Paul, Minnesota (3:35)
9. Aaron’s Set - Antioch, California (4:17)
10. Farmer - Flagstaff, Arizona (1:21)
11. Terror Time & Ferret - Woodland, California (4:04)
12. Wicked Bough - Long Beach, California (7:43)
13. Drummers Jigs - Monterey, California (5:13)
14. Flower of Scotland & Black Bear - Enumclaw, Washington (2:53)
15. Weird Jigs & B-52 - Woodland, California (3:57)
16. Radar - Enumclaw, Washington (4:26)
SPECIAL GUEST ARTISTS:
Bronze Age Irish Horn in 'Bb': made by Simon O'Dwyer, Galway, Ireland
Didgeridoo in 'Bb': made by Lewis Burns, Queensland, Australia
Slide Didgeridoo: made by Tyler Spencer, Eugene, Oregon
Margie Butler, vocal, whistle, bodhran
Paul Espinoza, vocals, mando cello & guitar
Kathy Sierra, violin
Produced by: Thistle Pricks Productions
Recorded on location at various venues across America.
Mixed by: Scott Fraser at Architecture, Los Angeles, CA.
Captured on an Apple Powerbook G3 computer and a FireLite 30 GB hard drive with Digital Performer 3.01, and two "Mark of the Unicorn" (MOTU) 828s. All really great products.
A very special thanks, yet again, to Scott Fraser for his (creative imput) ideas and support with the engineering for "On Location Recording". He has been a great resource in the new world of digital recording.
Mastered by: Brian Gardner, Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood, CA
Graphic Design & Production: Paul Manchester & Warren Casey
Photography: Chris Keeney, San Diego, CA & Matt Mick
Copy Editing: Wendy Weisenberg & Aaron Shaw
Back To Discography
Special thanks to Carl Countryman for his wonderful microphones – this CD was greatly enhanced by their quality!!!